Saturday, November 23, 2019

52 DAYS TO LIFT-OFF

Tonite, after an afternoon of bits and pieces and organizing my thoughts by making lists, and some packing for storage, I began placing things in my carry-on bag (eager to see how it all will fit): my new Apple MacBook Air,  twist pencils, lead, erasers, pens, slim pocket notebooks, Apple World plug adapters, other universal plug adapter, extra fuses, chargers ... so far so good.  My electronics are important to me, have to have it right since I'll be out of the states for almost a year. and I'm a stickler for organization.

My landlord came by today with a friend, looking to see what will need to be done to rent this place out after I leave on Jan 1.  He welcomes me to leave whatever furnishings I would like, he's thinking of renting it as a tourist accommodation. So I'm rethinking what furniture I will and will not haul to storage. That makes it much easier on me as well, and makes it easier for him to turn around. I have such a softspot in my heart for Alex, want to do all I can for him to be successful with this building ... whatever he wants to do with it. At his young age of 24, he's taken on a huge task.

So my time here is getting shorter ... and I'm becoming more and more excited everyday ... can't wait to board the plane in Salt Lake City for London!!!!  England is my first 3-month adventure. Second 3 months is Ireland, third is France, then on my 80th birthday, back across the Atlantic onboard the QM2 to NYC . Canada is after that. Makes me breathless to think about it. And all the while I'll be writing my memoir. How much more fun can it be? 👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment