Monday, June 1, 2020

FIFTH DAY IN VEGAS!

Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!  Is that the saying?  Ha! Well not in my life, I tell all. ❤️❤️❤️❤️.  Yes, it’s been 5 days since I’ve returned from England. It’s good to be back in the USA, can’t deny that. Of course all the pandemic and now riots over the George Floyd death are consuming the country and its people, and the news media. The last three months out of six in England were in isolation from COVID19, and now that’s lifting here, but the country is still in turmoil. Tragic and sad. 

This morning I received a text from the Nevada Health Dept., requesting I sign an agreement to self-quarantine for 14 days (9 to go), which I had already begun. They sent it electronically, I did a docu-sign. So I am formally in quarantine. Doesn’t bother me at all. We know that I’m somewhat of a recluse anyway. This gives me a legitimate excuse. 

I’m missing my favorite British detectives’ series non-stop on ITV3 in England. Haven’t found anything to replace that here. I may have to watch them on my MacAir, Netflix or Acorn Apps. There are 200+ channels on this TV in the motel where I’m staying till I find an apartment. But nothing is appealing to me yet, though something will emerge. 

Okay, what’s happening in the now ... well other than stuffing Vick’s Vapor-rub up my nose for sinus congestion, and drinking coffee at the moment, I’ve been doing all I can to facilitate a smooth move into the apartment, when it happens - timing is important. Target date is 26th of this month.  I’ve ordered MyPillow mattress toppers for two beds; new bedspreads and sheets for three beds; towels for two bathrooms. They will all be shipped to me here at the motel. My plan is to rent a car for two weeks when I go apply for the apartment, and then to move all the stuff from the motel, and shop for a few things I might need till Kelly comes with my stuff from storage in July. 

Because I don’t have beds or dining table ... left those in my place in Cambria for Alex to use in the rental - daybeds and dining set, didn’t want them anymore, time to move on to something else ... for now I’ll rent beds and dining table at least for a year, until I buy what I want. So as soon as I have an address, Cort Furniture Rentals has next-day delivery, and I’ve already made my selections. And also at the same time I’ll order and buy from Wayfair already selected chairs and sofa for living room, which I don’t have in storage either. I must say I’m excited about all this newness. A new beginning, a new place to live in a new city, new furniture, and a new and exciting future!

In the meantime, I’m using Von’s grocery delivery and restaurant take-out delivery, just as I will in the apartment, setting up accounts and getting familiar with them now. And since I’m in quarantine, that works really well.  

So I’m okay, hope you all are too, and we’ll talk later.  See you on Facebook, my main way to communicate. For those of you who have my cell number, texts work, and so does Messenger, and WhatSApp. I use all three. Don’t care for phone calls. 

Much Love to you all .... ❤️❤️❤️πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ

Rebecca B.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are figuring it all out. I also don't like phone calls except for a rare few :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have things well in hand and I'm sure you can do the 14 day self-quarantine standing on your head.

    ReplyDelete